1/3/11

Chocolate & Orange Cookies!

I promise i will Blog about christmas... I'm just lazy and don't want to hook the camera up to my computer...
But i'm not to lazy to make cookies (so i'm not really lazy i guess).
Tonight while the Hubby and i were just chillin & watching Friends we decided that i should make some cookies... so we looked through this little cookie cookbook my Friend from High school gave me. Chocolate & Orange Cookies sounded really good to a me (a 9 months pregnant lady).

SO here is the Yummy Recipe if you want to try them out...
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter            1 1/2 c. Flour
1 c. Sugar                            1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg                                    1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Zest of 1 Orange                   1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla                         1 1/2 c. Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 375.
Beat the butter and sugar together. Add egg, orange zest, and Vanilla.
Sift together the dry ingredients (you really don't have to do this, it all blends together anyway) Stir the dry ingredients and chocolate chips into the butter mixture & combine.
Roll into balls. Use your finger to flatten onto a non-stick baking sheet 2 in. apart.
Bake 8 to 10 min. cool for 5.
When cool, store in an airtight container for up to 4 to 5 days.
This makes 2 dozen.
(sorry no pictures cause we ate them so fast and i would have to hook the camera up to the computer...)

1 comment:

Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe said...

Um, they sound tasty. But just about anything sounds tasty to me today since I'm on Day 1 of a Cleanse and all I've eaten all day are fruits and vegetables. Thanks for sharing . . . only 8 more days to go . . .LOL